Join editors from Barrelhouse Magazine
for a writer’s retreat in lovely Central Pennsylvania.
Camp 1: Wednesday, June 21 - Sunday, June 25
Camp 2: Thursday, August 3-Sunday, August 6
Writer Camp! This is a laid-back working vacation with plenty of time for writing. Each participant also has the option of receiving detailed feedback from a Barrelhouse editor on (some of) their work. Your registration fee includes lodging, all meals, a few group activities, plenty of time to write, and campfires every night.
A quick rundown of what this will be:
- Five days, four nights (Camp 1) or four days, three nights (Camp 2) - choose a more immersive experience or an express version!
- Lodging in a lovely, rustic, brand new creekside hostel in the wilds of Central Pennsylvania, in your choice of private cabins or a shared bunkhouse.
- All meals are included
- A bunch of writers sitting around in a bucolic central PA setting and writing for most of the day
- Optional two one-on-one sessions with an editor who will provide detailed suggestions for improving specific pieces of writing. Basically, this is a one person workshop with a Barrelhouse editor (note: this really is optional; if you're at the place in your writing where what you really need is time to write and you'd rather just do that, that is cool with us)
- Barrelhouse editors and staff on site the entire time ready to hang out and talk to you about whatever
- One (totally optional!) group activity -- a hike or kayak or swim or something outdoorsy -- if the weather permits, per day
- Keywords we might use: Low key, laid back, informal, smart, fun.
Where do you want to write? Your private cabin, the big event hall, in a lounge chair by the creek, or in a handwoven hammock?
Writer Camp is hosted by the brand new Godspeed Hostel in Port Matilda, PA, roughly 10 minutes outside State College.