We're going to try to keep this pretty laid back, so most of the time will be free writing time. You'll have the option to meet with an editor, and we'll make sure the timing of that meeting is worked out in advance of Camp. We'll also have a totally optional group activity each afternoon -- hiking or kayaking or something else outdoorsy, as long as the weather allows.
Let's talk about food, shall we? Breakfast is an open affair, with food provided by Godspeed Hostel but in a way that allows you to wake up whenever you want. Lunch and dinner will be served at, well, regular meal times and taken as a group. Other than that, there will be plenty of time for writing and editing and hanging out, which is pretty much the whole point of this activity.
The daily schedule will go like this:
- Day 1: arrival and settling in, free writing time, welcome dinner, and campfire hangout
- Days 2+: see typical day schedule, listed below
- Last day: hugs and BFFs and departures
A typical day might go like this:
- Wake up
- Meet with editor (specific times will be arranged in advance)
- Optional group activity: hike, kayak, swim, something
As you can tell, this is going to be a low-key kind of deal. Everything is optional. We know how writers roll and we will not make you participate in anything if you'd prefer to stay where you are and write, or stand off to the side and think snide remarks to yourself.